The Leadership Development Fundamentals of being effective.
As a leader, your primarypriority is to get the job done, no matter thejob is. Leaders make things happen by:
• knowing your objectives and having a plan how to achieve them
• building a team devoted toachieving the objectives
• helping each team member to givetheir finestefforts
As aleader you must understandyourself. Know your owngood and bad points, so that you can build the very bestteam around you.
Here are five leadership development techniques you can use to help you be an effective leader, no matter whom you may be leading.
1. When the peopleyou are to lead are not following you reevaluate the way youare communicating your expectations.
2. Be careful to neverget lost inisolation, delusion, or arrogance, by becoming obsessed in your authority, and not truly leading.
3. Always keep in mind thatleading is helpingpeople acquire ashared vision, not telling people what to doconstantly.
4. If you being aleader make a mistakesmall or bigadmit itstrait on, and re-evaluate the vision using thepeople you areto lead. And on the statement of mistakes, a mistake is an opportunity to be better, and to show remorse and a lesson learned. And to show the progress of your leadership development.
5. A leader should bebrave enough to speakwhen lesser people wish tofight. Anyone canturn tothreats and aggression. Being aggressive is notleading. It might have beena fewthousand years ago, but it's not now. The nature of humankind and civilization is to become more civilized. Leaders should enable not obstruct this process.
If you apply these five leadership development strategies in every aspect of your life you will become a very effective and great leader.