The Best Kept Leadership Secret
Management is doing things right while leadership is doing the right things.
We are all leaders in some capacity whether it is in our family, at our Jobs, or somewhere in the community.
Being a leader can have its challenging and rewarding times. Every successful leader has 10 commonalities about people and how they deal with them:
#1: Every successful leader knows for a fact that they need people to help them execute what they need to accomplish.
-Every needs someone to activate the vision and plan for their life.
#2: Success is a collection of relationships.
-Your future is connected to people (Doctors need Patients)(Lawyers need Clients)(Teachers need students)
#3: Everyone will have something different to impart in their lives.
-They can discern the people around them.
#4: They are willing to listen to others.
-We all see through different eyes, feel with different hearts, and hear with different ears.
#5: They are willing to reach out to others.
-Humble & Never Arrogant
#6: Good leaders are great at celebrating the differences in the people around them.
-Making people feel comfortable of their shortcomings.
#7: They understand the need of friends that analyze and critique them.
-Understanding their scrutiny prevents tragic consequences and wrong decisions
#8: They understand how they should deposit their best efforts into other people.
-If you help others, God will help you.
#9: They understand which people around them posses the solutions to help them solve problems.
-Understanding the gift that God has stored inside of the people around them to ultimately help them execute their vision.
#10: They are masters at inspiring people to commit to their vision so that their vision can be clear to the people they are leading.
-Phil Jackson (Dennis Rodman – Ron Artest)
As a leader, your main priority is to get the job done, whatever the job is. Leaders make things happen by:
- knowing your objectives and having a plan how to achieve them
- building a team committed to achieving the objectives
- helping each team member to give their best efforts
As a leader you must know yourself. Know your own strengths and weaknesses, so that you can build the best team around you.
- When the people you are to lead are not following you reevaluate the way you are communicating your expectations.
- Be careful not to get lost in isolation, delusion, or arrogance, by becoming obsessed in your authority, and not truly leading.
- Always remember that leading is helping people achieve a shared vision, not telling people what to do all the time.
- If you as a leader make a mistake big or small face it strait on, and re-evaluate the vision with the people you are to lead. And on the statement of mistakes, a mistake is an opportunity to be better, and to show remorse and a lesson learned. And to show the progress of your leadership.
- A leader should be brave enough to talk when lesser people want to fight. Anyone can resort to threats and aggression. Being aggressive is not leading. It might have been a couple of thousand years ago, but it's not now. The nature of humankind and civilization is to become more civilized. Leaders should enable not obstruct this process.
Get the leadership strategies needed to be success in this global economy at: www.jamahlspeaks.com